After Yahoo and BestBuy dissolved their remote work programs in 2013, many business leaders and HR professionals started looking at their own flexible work programs with a keener eye and a greater degree of skepticism and scrutiny.
But remote work as a business practice is not inherently problematic; it’s that most organizations don’t know how to make it work to their advantage. When structured properly, a remote workforce can be as effective as any on-site organization.
In this one-hour webinar, David Lewis, President and CEO of OperationsInc, shows you how to organize a remote-work culture that gets results and develop a leadership strategy that drives success.
In this session, David looks at:
- How to establish rules and guidelines, and decide when remote work is appropriate and feasible.
- Best practices in measuring performance and tracking a remote team’s activities and accomplishments.
- Common pitfalls and issues, and how to anticipate and avoid them.
Latest posts by Chris Wofford (see all)
- Teaching online sharpens instruction in the classroom - March 1, 2018
- How to Successfully Pivot Your Startup - February 19, 2018
- Are Most Managers Bad Listeners? - January 26, 2018