Career Advancement Accounts (CAA) are available to some military spouses to use for education and training
that lead to an industry-recognized credential.
The Career Advancement Account program was designed to help military spouses acquire skills that are
portable and will help them find a job if their family gets transferred to another area for military reasons.
There are specific high growth/ high demand career fields that these accounts have to be used for. eCornell offers certificate programs in two of these fields; Human Resources and Hospitality. We have had military spouses enroll in both of these programs over the last year.
The amount for a CAA account is $3,000 for one year. The
accounts may be renewed for one additional year, for a total two-year amount of $6000.
Participating States and Installations are:
- Camp Pendleton (Marine Corps)
- Naval Base San Diego Metro (Navy),
- Eglin AFB (Air Force)
- Hurlburt Field (Air Force)
- NAS Jacksonville (Navy)
- Fort Benning (Army)
- Fort Bragg (Army)
- Pope AFB (Air Force)
There are eligibility guidelines that must be followed. Questions about these guidelines should be direct to the military installation’s Family Support Center, Voluntary Education Center, or at a One-Stop Career Center
Latest posts by Chris Wofford (see all)
- Cornell’s New Certificate Program Equips Learners with Essential Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills - July 23, 2018
- Cornell’s New Project Management Certificate Program Prepares Professionals for a Project-Driven Future - July 2, 2018
- Cornell’s New Commercial Real Estate Certificate Launches - June 25, 2018