How many times have you thought “I’m not sure if my superiors really know what I bring to this company”? Many times, even during a quarterly or annual review, you may not even be able to answer that question yourself in a way that shows off your skills and how you benefit the organization.
Progressing your career is in your hands. It is up to you to promote yourself to your organizational leaders in a compelling way and articulate your value succinctly and effectively. Being able to speak confidently and specifically about your own professional brand is your pathway to success. —Cornell Professor Kate Walsh
Professor Walsh makes a great case here for developing and cultivating your personal brand at work. eCornell is pleased to offer two online learning programs to help you achieve that end. For WebSeries subscribers (30-day free trial sign-up here), we offer a one-hour interactive WebCast on developing our brand pitch (see option 1 below). You may also enroll in Prof Walsh’s free online course called Career Planning: Craft Your Professional Brand (see option 2 below).
- Start your free trial subscription to eCornell’s Women in Leadership Channel here. Once you’re signed up (involves credit card, but you may cancel at any time), register for Turning Your Career Story Into a Compelling Brand Pitch (on June 21) and any other events on the channel that pique your interest.
- Register for Kate Walsh’s free online course Career Planning: Craft Your Professional Brand (see Kate’s video preview below).
Latest posts by Chris Wofford (see all)
- Moving Beyond the Gig Economy: The Case for the Independent Worker - August 24, 2017
- Negotiation: The Power of a Simple Question - December 16, 2016
- The Gender Wage Gap: Causes, Consequences and the Way Forward - December 1, 2016